Status - Full-time
Commencing - September 1, 2017 (negotiable)
Accountable to – Renfrew Baptist Church Ministry Council
The senior pastor is to understand and enhance the vision of Renfrew Baptist Church (RBC), as a community of faith committed to spiritual growth, discipleship, outreach, fellowship, visitation and worship.
- To have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To affirm and adhere to the North American Baptist statement of beliefs and code of ethics.
- To have recognized pastoral ministry education, (Master’s Degree preferred).
- To have previous experience of pastoral leadership within the local church.
- To demonstrate strong leadership abilities along with a deep commitment to love, disciple and develop relationships with others.
- To be a team player, willing to work together with the ministry council and other staff of RBC.
- Preaching/Teaching (40-50%)
- To be responsible for all preaching/pulpit supply, in co-operation with the ministry council.
- Leadership (20%)
- To provide leadership to staff, ministry council and various other ministry teams as well as to the congregation, overall, with a particular emphasis upon mentoring lay leaders.
- Pastoral Care/Visitation (20%)
- To ensure visitation of sick and hospitalized as well as new and current members, in co-operation with the discipleship and care team.
- To perform official clergy duties such as weddings, baby dedications, and funerals, as well as facilitating new beli evers/members classes.
- Personal Growth (10-20%)
- To intentionally pursue personal prayer, spiritual growth, mentorship/peer accountability and support.
- To actively seek educational opportunities to enhance ministry qualifications.
- To be faithful, honest, humble, approachable and teachable.
June 30, 2017 (or until a suitable candidate has been selected)
Please submit resume along with references to: email@example.com